Promoting Teacher Learning and Development through...
WORKSHOPS, KEYNOTES, COACHING, FACILITATION…
ACTIVATION THROUGH LEARNING!
As a teacher educator, presenter, senior leader, project manager and teacher in the classroom, Karen’s role in education has seen her work across a range of sectors to bring a unique breadth of knowledge, balance and expertise to education and her consultancy.
- Secondary Schools - Government, Independent and Catholic
- Community and Alternative Education
- Secondary Schools - Government, Independent, Catholic
- TAFE, RTOs and University.
- Primary School
- Special Schools
Contemporary, Research based and Applied Learning are Karen’s area of expertise. Karen also has a passion for Literacy and Disadvantaged Learners.
Karen is well known for her engaging and hands on presentations, workshops and consultancy. She brings a creative twist to all of her work!
Thank you very much Karen. A great package all around (including you!) So much to take back to share!
Skills and services to support student learning
Including feedback from 2015-2016
Keynote speeches and workshops at conferences, schools and providers using engaging and interactive approaches
- ‘Very engaging presenter with lots of experience and useful resources.’
- ‘Firstly, I just wanted to thank you for your passionate, practical and informative presentation at the VCAL Introduction day on Friday. My only regret is that you weren't available to present for the entire day! We came away feeling empowered and motivated - thank you!’
- ‘A perfect and very relevant PD to start the year. I have been able to take away REAL activities and strategies to bring to my class and teaching team. ‘
Professional learning for Contemporary and Applied Learning and the VCAL
- ‘It was awesome. Lots of useful strategies to take back and share,’
- ‘Loved it. Great presenter. Informative and motivating! This was exceptionally helpful and practical.’
Research-based Practice and Strategies for Learning
- ‘I haven't been able to stop thinking about your presentation... It was so powerful because it was so personal and yet also so grounded in evidence and research. I sincerely hope many more teachers have the good fortune to listen to you! What a great contribution you are making to teaching and learning.’
Classroom observation approaches and practices.Support and activation for professional learning and leadership teams
- ‘Karen’s management of the group was excellent – not domineering but also steering us along so we didn’t get bogged down. Respectful of us as learners. Lots of content covered. ‘
- ‘Great balance of theory and practice. Opportunity to share challenges and successes in a safe and supported framework. It worked!’
- ‘Loved Karen’s enthusiasm. Ability to cater to our individual needs was fab!’
Principal Class, Leadership and teacher/trainer Coaching using the GROWTH model (accredited) to strengthen vision and effectiveness.
(Face to face or via Skype or telephone)
- ‘Thank you! You have inspired me to move forward with my goal.’
- ‘You have been so helpful Karen. I love the way you enabled ME to come up with my own solutions
Karen’s work has included
- Educational Consultant and Presenter for Corwin Australian delivering the Visible Learning plus research of Professor John Hattie.
- Researcher for the Upper Yarra Region into Educationally and Socially Disadvantaged Young People.
- The inaugural award as Outstanding Teacher/Trainer of the Year for the Vocational Education and Training Sector
- Scholarship to the UK to investigate Innovate Programs for Youth at Risk
- Lead presenter for the roll out of the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) for the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority in all Victorian Regions;• Director of the High Impact Theatre in Education team
- Full day workshop presenter for Berry Street, Chisholm, Gippsland and Tasmania TAFEs, Independent Schools Victoria, Lutheran Education Queensland, the VET Development Centre, Critical Agendas, INTUYU consulting, Ticking Minds, Australian Council of Adult Literacy.• Director of Learning at a large Independent School, Melbourne Victoria
- Teaching and Learning Coach for the Eastern Region
- Imbedded Coach at a disadvantaged Government School
- Curriculum writer for the VCAL, VCAA and ACFE, including publications ‘Learning Differently’, ‘The A Frame’, ‘VCAL Record Keeping Book’, and also twenty English units for the VCAA
- An executive member of the Australian Council for Adult Literacy ( ACAL)
- Project Manager, Vice President and Professional Learning Manager of the Victorian Applied Learning Association (VALA)
- Lecturer at Latrobe University in Contemporary Learning
- Accredited Executive Coach with growth coaching international.